Category: ABOUT US
Published on Wednesday, 26 September 2012 19:42
Written by Super User
Moller International leases a 34,500 square foot facility in Davis, California, adjacent to a four acre VTOL flight test area. This facility contains an electronics and computer engineering lab, a CAD/CAM lab, a computer controlled machining facility, composite airframe assembly facility, engine assembly and test facility, and sales, marketing, and administrative offices.
- Complete prototype machine and fabrication shop
- Composite fabrication shop
- Rotapower specific production equipment in place for volume engine fabrication
- Fully instrumented engine dynamometer test facilities
- 250 mph wind tunnel
- Four acre VTOL flight test area
- Electronics development laboratory :
- Electronics CAD capability with state of the art field programmable gate array technology for fast turn around in diverse markets.
- Mechanical engineering facilities : Fully integrated advanced design and manufacturing facility implementing the state of the art in design and analysis tools on high-performance Intel/Microsoft Windows NT workstations. Some of the tools utilized include Parametric Technology Corporation's Pro/ENGINEER, Pro/MECHANICA, Pro/CDRS, and Pro/MANUFACTURE which can communicate with MI's CNC machining centers for fast and accurate fabrication of parts.